Sunday, September 7, 2008

12V Wires

Matt has been busy the past few weekends so we haven't been able to work on the motor mount / coupler. While I wait for those parts though, I'm going to continue working on everything else that needs attention on the car. This past weekend, it was redoing all the 12V lines under the hood. They were a mess - wires unbundled, wires bundled by electrical tape, frayed wires, etc... On top of all that, the high-beams on the right side, the right turn signal, and the left parking light didn't work. After a couple quick (1 hour) trips to Radio Shack, I had all the connectors, wires, and sleeves I needed.

Before shot...


After shot...


The old setup didn't allow me to disconnect the hood lights from the car, which was quite a pain when we took off the hood to get easier access to the engine bay. I added some handy snap clips to make life easier later.


Another before shot wire mess...


Nice and pretty...


The horn wasn't hooked up, and I'm not sure which wires it's supposed to use. I've got a few loose purple connectors that look good, but I'll have to play with the multimeter for a while to know for sure. That will have to wait for another weekend though.

No comments: