Monday, October 20, 2008

Upper Shelf

When I first got the car my friends and I degreased, primed, and painted the engine compartment but left the upper shelf alone. After I put the Pot Box in a few weeks ago I realized how bad the upper shelf of the hood looked. It was time to restore it as well. My wife's mom is in town, and she helped me out with the restoration. She is definitely thorough when it comes to cleaning. :-)

First the battery compartment:
Dirty...


Clean...


Primed...


Painted...


And the rest of the shelf:
Dirty...


Clean...


Primed...


Painted...


Looks great!

In other news my relay and contactor have arrived. The relay will be used as an electric switch to turn the controller on/off when I turn the key. The contactor, basically a big relay, will open and close the flow of my 120V lines. I'll hook it with my Pot Box as an additional safety feature.

No comments: