Sunday, August 30, 2009

Battery Box Pt. 1

I found a local metal supplier and drove by to pick up a couple steel plates...

And then while I was there I asked if they could cut them...

And then I asked if they had a couple angle strips...

And then I asked them advice on my design...

And then they basically built the entire thing for me while I waited!


Underside...


The smaller battery box for the trunk...


Sure looks good in the car!


I 'would' have pictures of me drilling the mounting holes for the battery box, but alas my drill was out of power (see my battle with the charger on post July 2, 2009).

On a side note, the larger box was a bit too tight so I had to dremel down the corners to get the batteries to fit. When the battery finally squeezed (rather quickly) into place it did so with my toe in the way. Luckily it only ripped off a chunk of skin instead of a chunk of toe. I'll refrain from posting any bloody pictures though. :-)

No comments: