Saturday, May 2, 2009

New Tires

My hunt for inexpensive replacement wheels didn't turn out very well. I did find a wheel fairly cheap off e-bay to replace my worst one, but it ended up being just slightly wider than my current set. I tried taking a torch to the dented wheel and hammering it back into shape but no luck. I can't afford a new set of wheels right now, so I decided to mount the tires on anyways and hope they could be balanced out enough.

New tire mounted...


I gave the wheel a fresh coat of black as well. These new tires are a size larger; I think they'll fill out the wheel wells nicely.


First new tire washed & mounted, looks great!


I just had to take a picture of the Spitfire's new hood ornament...

1 comment:

RE Farmer said...

My project is very close to yours, a '72 MG Midget, with tires like yours. The car's been in storage for 13 yrs. I finding it difficult to find tires for it - originals are 13" Rosten wheels with 145 width tires. What tires did you get?